Friday, July 6, 2007

*yawns*

Holy fruck I'm tired today. Pretty much no sleep at all last night, and hardly any the night before. The baby's been really sick, all of which escalated last night and led to an emergency dash to the hospital in the middle of the night.

The nighttime staff saw a screaming, uncontrollable, difficult, tantrum-throwing little shit who wouldn't let them take his temperature or feel his stomach or basically even look at him sideways.

Then some smart doctor suggested we don't give him any milk... it seems that babies can develop secondary infections in the gut when they have the measles, and its the heavy milk that is most upsetting for them... so 4 milkless hours later.... the daytime staff saw a nice happy responsive little boy who smiled and giggled during examination. I'm sure they were secretly thinking that perhaps the nightstaff need to work on their bed manner or something lol. Talk about Jekyl and Hyde. Shivers.

So we're home again... and for those who need to know there's only been one diahhrea (how the fk do you actually spell that word?) since mid-morning. And trust me, thats a big yay. No screaming in pain either. Another yay.

Heck, right now the little drama queen is in the shower with his brother, giggling and laughing. While WK sleeps. And I feel like death. Whats with that.

In other news... I'm annoyed too. The holidays are officially over today/this weekend, and I didn't get to do half the stuff I wanted/planned on doing. Another 'whats with that' moment.

The official "didn't get to do it, damn" list:
  • take the kids to the movies to see Transformers, or to the beach for fish and chips... or basically anyway holiday-ish lol
  • have our "pretend honeymoon" day (grr, I need that atm)
  • have my peaceful weekend, my alone time... WK was gonna take Noah to Bris Vegas for the wkend to stay at his dad's house. Can you imagine the relaxation time I'd get? The peace? I'm drooling just thinking about sleeping in lol.
  • drive up to visit my mother in Bundy and pick up our damn second carseat... long story lol... so frustrating without it!
  • go to the beach by myself... sit on the dunes, relax, think, sleep... lol. If only.
  • catch up on the housework (and car cleaning!) after the wedding and Noah's measles etc *pulls a face*
  • sort thru the wedding photos, get Laura's dress drycleaned... a heap of post-wedding stuff lol
  • catch up with the Moth today or something before the hols finish and he and his family head home from their refresher "yay i'm back in civilisation" holiday... and not just so I can get the dvd he "owes" me (I'm not that self-absorbed... I swear... I also wanted to make fun of his "aww maybe I'm not an athiest after all" turn around LOL)
Sigh. I really wish I was a superhero sometimes... or a villian... same thing really. I wish I had this awesome power where I could halt time around me. Like when you're sitting on the beach relaxing, or enjoying catching up with a friend. Halt time for a while. Maybe then I would have managed to get through at least some of the things on my "wish I did" list.

Hmm, maybe its cos I haven't had sex in a while or something but... the whole power to halt time thing... I'm having interesting visuals of "sex in public" scenarios. I'm a bad, bad person lol. With an active imagination. Wheres that msn angel emote when you need it?

3 comments:

mothpete said...

160 days to go.

don't even talk to me about holidays ending. sigh sigh... How many days until I holiday back here on the coast. I should set up one of those baby widget things for that.

Diahrear? I dunno. Is it my job to be able to spell? Awww damn. I suck at my job.

Eek said...

Lol. Blob's actually due on the 15th (or is it the 13th lol?) of December... right at the start of the christmas school hols.

So really, Mothy, all you hv to do is keep an eye on my baby widget and you'll be just about right with your whole "how many days til the hols" dilemma.

I still can't believe I'll be non pregnant and I'll have newborn by christmas. Holy craperoonies. Like... my god.

mothpete said...

159 days. that's a lot of breakfasts. It'll go quick I suppose.

Transformers must be seen on a cinema screen. I don't often say that. A downloaded pirate version of anything is usually good enough for me.

I think you need about a week of sleep to catch up on your sleep debt.

Buy another car seat. Maybe get a second hand one (shock).

I'm getting used to seeing you in black and white text now. You in person is just shocking and confusing, but yeah, in 159 days I'll shout you a coffee.

public sex?! I'm not sure I want to do that, but I'd love to catch someone doing it. haha... umm, actually it depends on who they are. I'm not going to comment any further on this. Is it even legal?