Tuesday, August 28, 2007

poetry... pfft

Whats with the poetry obsession? I mean, sure art is good and personal expression of crap is good... take out the "of crap"... but, really, I'd rather listen to music or read a funny blog lol.

So here's my useful contribution to the online poetry fest ->

The Beer Prayer

Our Lager,
Which art in barrels,
Hallowed by thy drink.

Thy will be drunk,
(It will be drunk!)
At home and in the tavern.

Give us this day our foamy head,
And forgive us our spillages,
As we forgive those who spill against us.

And lead us not into incarceration,
But deliver us from hangovers.

For thine is the beer,
The bitter and the lager,
For ever and ever,
Barmen.

(and yes I stole it... I cbf writing stupid poetry crap)

1 comment:

mothpete said...

You wrote this weeks ago. Have I been stuck on this poetry thing for more than two weeks now? Amazing. You're not following me onto the poetry thing? lol... don't blame you. It just wouldn't be Jo I don't think. So, we went through the msn years, gmail, the blog, stumble upon... and i lost you at poetry. the last one is asking too much eh?