Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A change of pace... a cutesy happy blog... where the fk did all these kids come from? I swear I only had one yesterday... sigh.

I woke up this morning to discover that my 9yr old son had written a poem dedicated to his almost-2yr-old brother. Cute, nice and all that positive stuff. If I was less heartless bitch and more human, his level of devotion to his little brother might have brought a tear to my eye.

My brother sings and sings,
He sings on the stage.
My brother might even make a book,
Noah hasn’t checked the front page.
Noah is so cute,
He’s growing big out of small.
He’s the cutest baby ill ever have,
Soon he’ll be so very tall.
My brother eats lots of food, such as toast,
I say, sometimes he looks like a camel when he cries.
He eats a lot of food,
He might even eat blue berry pies.
My brother likes a lot of toys,
His favourite toy is Thomas the tank.
He calls Thomas, Toot-Toot,
He loves to ride Thomas to the bank.
Noah is a little toddler,
He’s happy and sometimes sad.
Noah has 4$ in his bank,
He only has 4$ but he’ll never be mad.
Noah has grown a lot,
He plays baseball with one of the smallest bats.
His favourite colour is black,
Noah’s favourite animal would have to be a cat.

By ZJK

Mostly its pure imagination lol.

Son #2 doesn't eat much food at all, doesn't own a baseball bat, doesn't know his colours, prefers dogs to cats and, lets face it, isn't as cute as his baby sister. (Yes, can admit she's my favourite for several reasons, mainly because she can't move yet or answer back. She just sits where you put her and smiles more often than not. Perfect!)

And I guess at some point I'll have to tell son #1 that son #2 actually has something like $500 in the bank... that he is in fact richer than the rest of us... but maybe not today lol.

The main difference between sons #1 and 2 is that #1 has always been the soft, sensitive, poetry-writing, pansy-type boy. He has his boy moments but he still sleeps with his favourite soft toys and still cries at the drop of a hat. He used to love dressing up as spiderman one day, and a fairy the next (hmm... moving on...). Son #2 on the other hand... speaking of batshit crazy... he's a bit more full-on and boys'y. Give him a soft toy and he's likely to peg it at you. He's more of a truck or "tuck" type of boy, a I-can-climb-anything type of boy. A boys'y boy.

Teenage girl hormones aside, daughters #1 and #2 seem quite similar so far, in as much as you can compare a 12 year old girl and a 6mth old baby lol. Girl #1 surfs, skateboards, plays drums, guitar and saxophone... she's "cool"... but she's also one of the smartest kids in her class, a school captain this year, a goody-two-shoes (thats the bit she doesn't get from me lol). Girl #2... well... atm she's learning to sit without face planting and eat food without gagging and throwing up. That's it really. Um... I can't remember where the similarities were now lol. Oh well.

You know what? Fuck it. I'm gonna give them the day off school. Cos I like them today. And they've been at their dads for 10 days ish - I just picked them up yesterday. Yeah, fuck it. I don't feel like driving 30mins to school or making school lunches. Let the kids spend some time together, yep, good idea. Family time.

I swear the whole they-can-help-with-the-packing-and-cleaning-out business has nothing to do with my decision... (woot! babysitters while I do the cleaning!)...

I'm such a nice selfless parent. *pats self on the back*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! That's why people have big families... more helping hands!

Ame