Thursday, May 8, 2008

go go gadget arm... *changes tv channel*

I moved my pc to the living room last night, just to try it out... I'm in the middle of converting the computer room to a bedroom for the eldest of the too many kids lol. She needs her space and privacy I think, but thats a whole 'nother story.

So I moved my pc to the living room. Means I'll be able to supervise the toddler better, toilet training will be easier (tiles down here, carpet upstairs, eek!), and... it means I can watch tv. Wow, I haven't watched any real tv for a long time. If there's a series I want to watch, I wait til I can get it on dvd and watch it all at once lol. I mainly just watch a bit of Austar here and there, like Kenny vs Spenny... I miss fabc Kenny and pathetic whiney Spenny lol. Argh, off track again.

On to the point of this blog... here's a list of all the things I've learned from the idiot box in the last, oh, roughly 12 hours.

If it wasn't for the television I wouldn't know that...
  • I need to buy batteries. Argh at the cricket that was on tv last night at the exact moment that 1. the remote wouldnt work and 2. I was feeding the baby and therefore stuck in my chair for like half an hour. Omg... cricket... *blinks*.
  • Whoopie Goldberg can sing, really sing. When did that happen? Bring me a higher love. Me too Whoopie. Ditto on that.
  • Its impossible to listen to music while surfing the net AND having the tv on at the same time. Sigh. There goes that habit I guess.
  • Sandra Sully still bugs me. I think she's the real reason I stopped watching the news. Sure I could change the channel, but heck. Its an association thing.
  • I should listen to my kids more. It turns out that the chair at the computer desk in the living room - the chair at the kids computer desk - the chair they've been complaining about - the chair they've been asking me to buy a cushion for - really truly is uncomfortable on the ass. I've had this lower back/butt ache all day lol. Oops. WTB massage.
  • I need a new tattoo. MTV ftw. I want a heart tattoo next. Just a little cartoon style one, somewhere. Now I know the what, I just gotta work out the where lol. Hmm. Ideas?
  • I also need to buy a new headset. New headphones, mic... cos if Noah is watching Doodlebops or the Wiggles... noooooo. I'm putting "new headset" on the must-have bread and milk list.
  • It's mothers day this weekend. Oh. Yay. Not. All my mothers day memories are freakin horrendous. Mother's Day is never really about family time, its always fake bullshit, fake presents, fake breakfast in bed, just fake fake fake. I'm not stupid enough to fall for the "pretend mum/my wife matters cos thats what's expected." MEH at that. I'm sick of freakin fake. I want authenticity. I want to feel real again.... OMG stupid mothers day ads. Don't get me started on this pathetic crap again, argh.
And on that not so positive note I gtg do parent stuff lol. Oh the irony.

1 comment:

mothpete said...

Sandra Sully is boring. I think it's neat that both her names start with S. That's so comic book.