Tuesday, May 29, 2007

yo...

Yes I am sometimes neurotic and yes I am sometimes sorta OCD-y. Just occasionally. At uni I used to do all sorts of weird stuff lol, like carry my toothbrush everywhere cos I "had" to brush my teeth everytime I ate anything... everytime I drank anything... and omg if I had coke, it was like a 5 min brushing!!

I'm pretty good now tho I think. I still see structure and balance and parallels between stuff... like the white lines on the road, or the distance between my foot and the curb or some other insane thing. I most often think about it in terms of elastics... remember that game kids play with the elastics? You used to have to aim for the perfect centre etc... well thats what I think of way too often with regards to the white lines on the road or the distance between light poles... I know, I know. Weird. Heck... at least I don't tap words out on an imaginery keyboard in my sleep anymore... lol.

Strange thing is, my 11 yr daughter was describing very, very similar behaviour herself on the weekend. She was talking about the white lines on zebra crossings and how she likes to stand evenly on and between them... sigh. Maybe its genetic?

My latest fascination, however, is with number plates and, well, my name (yes, yes, make ego jokes, I don't care). I literally see my name everywhere, in nearly every number plate. Well... the ones that stand out anyway. To the non-me number plates I say pfft!

Not that this is difficult being that there are sooo many ways to give one's name meaning with three letters. Think about it... I have three initials, easy. But I also have a maiden name... and I shall soon be changing my name... so thats actually three different versions of the three initial thing alone. And then, my name being Jo, I can easily adapt this logic to include J-O- and then any one of the 3 surname initials. And then there's the fact that my surname change will actually be to Cross. So not only can that last initial be C, but it can also be X to symbolise an actual cross. And THEN, I used to be called Jo Jo as a kid (hate that with a vengeance, stupid relatives!), so I can also adapt J-J- and then anyone of the last initials as well.

Sigh. Get the picture? It's like my name is everywhere!!!!

I think, well, I know, I'm a little weirded out by the upcoming name change. I've been Jo K for 11 years now and I'm used to it... so I feel almost as if I'm losing part of me. And yet on the other hand... cool, new name lol. Same as Noah, yay. Yep, I'm fickle. But I think this new name initial / number plate obsession is related to the whole wedding thing... or at least I'm telling myself that cos otherwise I seem insane for no reason at all.

Here's just a few of the number plates I've seen recently that made me do a double take and think "omg its me!!" LOL


JSH JSK JSC JSX (my 2nd name Sux :P)
JOH JOK JOC JOX (obvious lol)
JJH JJK JJC JJX (yep, Jo Jo *shudders*)
JNX (Jo & Noah X) JLX (Jo & Luke X)
JOE (well, why not!)
EEK (long story... I so want this number plate!)
INA (just like my car! I've seen a few ina's lately!)

And I get doubly excited if the numbers match too. Like... 317 my birthdate, or 974 my birthyear, or 32 anything - my age lol. I also get excited if I see a car with the same 3 numbers as my ina too lol. Sad huh.

Sigh. Perhaps I should make a new blog label and call it "this insanity is driving me crazy".

No comments: