Wednesday, April 11, 2007

talk about an eek moment

Our wedding's like 8 weeks away, which isn't long. So my bud Looloo and I spent the last two days doing wedding crap.

Yesterday
- fun, filling. We went to all the restaurants on the "maybe" list and ate food. OMG. I'm salivating again just thinking about. Ended up deciding on this quaint little thai place that overlooks the beach. The curry was devine and they cater for all types of fussy eaters... yay! OH and when we were full to the point of exhaustion, we tried to walk off the calories by going for a walk on the boardwalk at the beach. I showed Looloo the place where we want to do our vows etc, so that was cool too. I think she liked it lol.

Today - dress hunt. A dress for me and a dress for my 11 yr daughter La. Frickin frickin tiring. I found a elegant green dress that I really really like.. but its like, green. Then I found a really funky black and white dress.. but i'd have to alter the top cos my boobs hang out a tad too much. And apparently thats not kosher at a weding. Oh and let's not forget the blue dress, i liked that one heaps too. The skirt part was really cool and it fitted my growing belly region really well. But, of course, I couldn't decide. The green, the black and white, the blue... there was no "white" dress anywhere. I mean, I just wanted a simple ish white ish semi-formal fun type of dress. Pfft. No one makes those.

So... Looloo suggests (albeit with a look of fear on her face cos, well, I hate weddings and all the pompous traditions that go with them) that we check the bridal shop where she bought her deb dress from a few years back. I figure wtf, might as well.

AND OMG... they have baby tuxedos! I must have one for Noah! Sooo cute! And we found a tux for my 8yr old son too so he's stoked. He loves weddings (don't know where he gets that from!). And my daughter tried on every single dress her size in the shop. :P Seriously. She ended up deciding on this really simple embroidered dress that is just gorgeous. So yeah, the kids are organised. No probs. I don't mind if they're all formally dressed etc, its just me. I mean, I don't want to look like a stupid meringe or anything... do I?

Well, see, thats the thing. I tried on like 30 dresses, partly cos it was semi-fun and partly cos I couldn't decide on which style would best fit my fetally-growing tum tum... but mostly cos the two women in the shop just kept passing me stuff and saying "try this... oooh, try this one".

And... its hard for me to admit... but I liked a dress. An actual proper white wedding dress. It even has tule underneath the skirt. Like... tule. A wedding dress. A real one. And I liked it. OMG.

So now I'm in a quandry. Do I stick to our agreed "relaxed non formal" wedding or do I go ahead and buy the only dress I've seen so far which I actually like? Eek. I'd say I can't imagine me in a formal pompous wedding dress but I can lol, cos I did it today and I still have pics on my phone. LOL

I soo can't end this post with a "meh, whatever". This is more of an eek type of thing...

Eek.

No comments: