Monday, June 18, 2007

its a love/hate thing

Wow what a weekend. I wish some parts went slower and other parts faster lol.

Here's the rundown:
  • Friday -
    Yay, time with my best buds who I don't get to see much. Cept Looloo, I see her a lot lol. Hung out, got nails done, chatted about inane stuff, chatted about important stuff, had a few drinks, ate great food... and consequently went to bed way too late. Enjoyed it though.

  • Saturday -
    Soooo hard to get out of bed in the morning. I actually thought about postponing the wedding for 24 hours so I could catch up on sleep lol. Not seriously... but, well, you know. I was tired and wanted to lie in bed all day. One of those "wish time would stop for a while" moments. Noah, on the other hand, was wide awake and crawling all over me from sunrise onwards. Grr.
    Conscripted the Mothman to go do jobs for me by loaning him my car - phew. Cos I didn't have enough hours in the day to do everything lol. Thanks!
    Pick up kids, pick up cake, get hair done etc, all that "mutton dressed as lamb" wedding stuff... man I looked like a clown. :S
    Pick up more kids, drop off cake, and its back to the hotel to prepare food, set up the balcony, ice the drinks... oh and actually get dressed.
    Noah, of course, decided he needed feeding at precisely the time I needed to leave for the wedding, so, yup, I was late. Oops.

  • The wedding ceremony -
    Beautiful time of day, sunset. At the top of the boardwalk, the point, on a cliff, overlooking the beach... blah blah. I was sooo very nervous. I can't even put the level of my nerves into words. I was all eeky lol.
    Check out some of the pics below. But ignore my fetal gut. Why oh why do all the photos we've seen so far ALL contain my giant stomach! Whats with that! I hate photos at the best of time cos I always look stupid in them. I'm either smiling too much or not enough, or maybe I blinked just as the camera went off, or maybe... meh, trust me, I hate photos. I look stupid in 2D. Point is - I'm all *shudders* in every damn wedding photo. What is wrong with you people! Sigh. I am never (I repeat, never!) allowing photos of me to be taken ever, EVER again.




  • The fun wedding bits -
    We all went back to the hotel balcony (hhuuuugeee balcony!) for drinks and nibblies and stuff. In fact we were there so long that I had to ring the surf club and tell them we were going to be 40 mins late for the dinner lol.
    But, meh, there were drinks and chats to be had! (and omg you should have seen the mess in the morning!)
    Then it was off to the Surf Club for dinner and a speech or two and the *drools* yummy cake. And of course... more chatting, more drinking, a dance or two... heck, even some pokie playing by the drunkards amongst us.
  • Retrospectively -
    I think most people appreciated the relaxed atmosphere of the ceremony and the celebrations afterwards... altho I know some family members weren't impressed lol. I felt most sorry for my grandparents, who really shouldnt have had to walk all over the place or wait so long for their dinner etc. But I did try to look after them.
    A couple of my close friends sat at the kids tables too, so it was hard for them to mingle etc. I don't think they enjoyed themselves much either. :(
    But, yeah, I hope most people thought it was a nice wedding. We wanted it be relaxed and easy going - no traditional pompous crap. I hate crap lol. I just hope it didn't come just across as totally unorganised, eek.
    Food was great (thanks to Looloo and her mum and Kate - you guys are legends!), there were heaps of drinks to be had (woot!). What more could one ask for lol?
    Luke's asked me not to bitch, but I dunno, can't help it. A heap of family members left early, part way through the pre-dinner celebrations at the hotel... thats before we even got to the surf club lol. Makes me feel sad for Luke as well as personally offended. I don't get that - some people just have different priorities I guess. Family first doesn't always apply (oh I just realised thats a Dr Phil quote lol - how sad!)
  • All in all... and I'm not really bitching, I'm just reflecting on the good and the bad...
    It was a no-stress, relaxed celebration with our closest friends and family. I had a good time (even tho Noah was painful here and there), Luke had a good time... and I hope most people enjoyed themselves. We really appreciate the efforts made by everyone to come and spend this time with us, especially those who travelled long distances. We had guests fly and drive to the coast from as far away as Sydney and Mackay and, eek, even Central Qld!!
  • Today -
    Its weird but I'm having a sad day today. Keep thinking about things that happened over the weekend, things that were said, the things I should have said and didn't... I keep replaying stuff over in my head, like its a movie and I'm re-watching my favourite scenes lol. Heck, in some scenes I'm even the director lol, changing things, doing things differently. I think they call that daydreaming lol.
    I think I'm most sad that the weekends over, and that we're home already, back to normal life. Sigh.

Like I said before... wow what a weekend.

5 comments:

mothpete said...

My damn PC froze twice while writing a lengthy comment. Sigh, I was actually well constructed and meaningful but I am just defeated now.

I had this whole six paragraph piece about how life is like a movie sometimes. Life imitating art; main characters and supporting casts and we're all actor one way or another; climaxes, unsatisfying endings; tagic, funny and heroic; sometimes rehearsed, sometimes ad-libbed. Some parts are worth re-enacting and others should stay at the bottom of the VHS pile.

It was a nice post and it mentioned how 'real' your wedding was, and not pretentious. You both looked great, and pregnancy is a beautiful look on a woman.

The weather was gorgeous, the food was fine, the company was fun, and I got far too drunk. All in all, a great day.

Eek said...

Six paragraphs... eek. I would have got bored reading it lol.

Thank goodness for pc freezes.

Hmm. Good company huh. Didn't you spend most of the night hanging out with the nerd trinity? Your sort of people huh?

mothpete said...

Oh, I am so going to contact Leunig and tell him about your illegal use of his images on your blog. Oh heck, I use his images in my title banner... grrr you win this time JC.

Eek said...

So I guess thats a "yes" to the nerd trinity are your type of people question then?

Thought so.

mothpete said...

there are no my type of people. True wally's like me are few and far between